This museum only have about 15 airplanes but they are really unique planes made by the Dornier company. The Dornier Do 31 E1 is the only in the world, and the largest VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) jet plane ever made. Here is a video of it (and some of the other planes present in 2015) and some information under the video if you are interested: Dornier Do 31- world’s LARGEST vertical-takeoff aircraft (VTOL) & Dornier Museum by AirClips.
The following planes were on display in June 2018:
- Dornier Do X ‘Wal’ N25 (replica) used by Roald Amundsen
- Dornier Merkur (Replica) D-1103 Luft Hansa Silberfuchs
- Dornier Do 27 STOL
- Dornier Do 28 A STOL
- Dornier Do 28 D STOL Skyservant
- Dornier Do 31 E1
- Dornier Do 228-100 Polar
- Dornier Do 228-200
- Dornier Do 328
- Fiat G.91 “Gina”
- Dassault / Dornier Alpha Jet
- Breguet BR.1150 Atlantic KWS
- Bell Huey helicopter, built under license in Germany by Dornier
- NOT a plane: La Salle (Cadillac), 1930
They also exhibit a helicopter, several drones and satellites.
See our listing of the Dornier Museum here at Car Air Bikes.
This is a must visit if you are in southern Germany, and there is even one more museum in Friedrichshafen that you also must see, the Zeppelin Museum.
Also, they have a nice restaurant in the museum!
See our YouTube slideshow of the images: Dornier Aviation and Aerospace Museum, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Images taken June 2018.